Gold Coast Federal Credit Union Scholarship Fund
Gold Coast Federal Credit Union is a proud supporter of education. Our scholarship program will award four (4) scholarships — two $1,000 scholarships and two $500 scholarships — to provide financial assistance to the award recipients in their pursuit of higher education. Winners will be announced on the GCFCU website in May. Scholarships will be paid to the winners upon receiving a copy of enrollment in an accredited college, university, or trade school.
Who is eligible to apply?
- Applicant must be a current high school senior in the school district of Palm Beach County or St. Lucie County.
- Student must be prepared to enter a college, university, or trade school in the next academic year.
- Student must be a Gold Coast member themselves, or be related to a Gold Coast member in good standing. **Students related to a GCFCU employee, director or committee member are ineligible to apply**
Application process & submission guidelines
- Student must complete the application below, along with the secondary page completed with the student’s original essay.
- Application and essay must be typed. Handwritten applications will be considered incomplete and not reviewed.
- Essay must have 250-500 words and include a title. Scholarship topic: How do you define success?
- On the top right corner of the essay page, type the student’s first, middle, & last initials where indicated.
- Do not include the student’s name or school name within or on the essay page.
- Save the completed application and essay page with the student’s first and last name (FirstLast.pdf)
- Submit the saved document via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 15th, 2023.
An impartial scholarship committee will review the essays submitted. The committee will receive the essays without the application page or any identifying information as to the applicant or school attended. The committee’s principle determining factor in selecting award recipients will be a review of the essay for comprehension of the subject, organization, language use, originality, clarity, spelling and grammar. Recipients will be selected without regard to their race, religion or gender identity.
View and Download application